Mini fans rejoice! The all new HPI Racing Cup Racer is the
Mini for the next generation.
Since the discontinuation of the original, ground-breaking Nitro Mini
RS4, Mini RS4, and Mini RS4 Pro, everyone has always asked why don't
we bring back another Mini, well, we listened, and we have answered!
The Cup Racer is the standard 'Mini' size, and utilizes a shaft-driven
four-wheel drive configuration.
Not a 1/10th scale, and not a 1/12th scale, the all new Mini Cup Racer
is perfect for some driveway racing and even for serious race
competition. And if that's not enough, you can use any of our new Cup
Racer bodies, original Mini RS4 bodies, and also Tamiya M-chassis
bodies as well as any of the aftermarket body manufacturers that exist
out there today, thanks to our massive amount of body mount
configurations. The Cup Racer is available in both grip and drift
versions, to suit whatever your style of driving is.
Introducing "True Ten Scale: True Looks, True Engineering"
We are very proud to introduce the fabulous Cup Racer kit from HPI! The
Cup Racer combines amazing features and racing spec in true-to-scale
one-tenth size, in what we call 'True Ten' design! With the HPI True Ten
performance chassis, you have the opportunity to experience the joy of
owning a super-realistic representation of some of the most legendary
sports cars ever made.
Ultimate Scale Realism
The concept behind the Cup Racer and True Ten scale is simple: to make
the best-looking, most realistic car models available.
To do this, the HPI body production department teamed up with our top
car designers to put together the the True Ten look, which
authentically reproduces actual cars in a way that makes them look
exactly like the real thing. These aren't slammed and lowered versions
lookalikes designed for ultimate performance, though: the True Ten
ideal is to replicate the real cars as they are in real life - in
width, height, length and detail, with details so precise that real
car fans wouldn't be able to tell the difference at first glance.
The True Ten series features the most painstaking attention to
detail that our designers have ever tackled. Every body line and curve
from the real car is represented in the crash-resistant bodyshell.
Every door line, bootlid and side skirt is represented exactly as it
appears on the real car. There are even reproductions of the actual
windscreen wipers, bumpers, exhaust systems and mirrors, allowing the
HPI True Ten series to deliver the utmost in scale car driving!
HPI graphics designers are already legendary for producing the most
accurate bodyshell graphics you can find, and when you combine that
with the uniquely crystal-clear bodyshells from our body production
department and the new ultra-scale accessories, you get pure
To complete the True Ten concept, the challenge of the design team was
to put the scale bodies on a chassis that is truly deserving of the
ultimate scale looks. This involved a complete re-think of how scale RC
cars are designed and used by today's RC hobbyists. Scale modelers want
something that just works, however experienced RC hobbyists and racers
want something that can be tuned to perform. We think our guys nailed
Read on to find out more!
Ready to Perform
Experienced RC racers will be able to take one look at the Cup Racer
chassis and see for themselves the performance potential of this
all-new chassis! A huge array of tuning adjustments is possible using
the standard kit parts.
The Cup Racer features full-time 4WD, a super-stiff chassis,
oil-filled shocks and inboard front shocks, plus as the ability to
independently adjust suspension settings such as caster, camber, track
width, roll center, wheelbase, anti-dive, anti-squat, droop and much
more! If you like your cars to drive as well as they look, the Cup
Racer is for you!
Designed for Excellence
From the very start, the True Ten scale Cup Racer was engineered for
top-level performance at a reasonable cost - while still maintaining the
true-to-scale look that scale modelers desire. To accomplish this, HPI
designers have taken it upon themselves to perfect concepts that
long-time HPI owners may recognize, but haven't seen in their ultimate,
With the Cup Racer, you can find elements of past HPI achievements put
together to make the ultimate scale RC enthusiast's machine - ready for
your hands to assemble and create the magic that is radio control
0mm, 3mm and 6mm off set wheels
Variable Offset Wheels
To help you get a totally realistic looks, we will be offering a range of
reproduction classic wheel types to suit the True Ten chassis.
Like the popular Rays TE37 replica drift wheels from HPI, the True Ten
wheels will be offered in the widest selection of wheel offsets available
to RC modelers: standard 0mm offset, wider 3mm offset for an extra 6mm of
total width, and the 6mm deep-offset design for widening the car a full
12mm from the wheels alone!
If you want to use the old wheels from your existing Mini, you can! Just
be sure to use the old tires also since the new Cup Racer tires will
only fit on the new wheels.
Fits a Massive Range of Bodyshells
As you can see here, the True Ten chassis is designed from the ground up
to be totally realistic and true to scale: true one-tenth scale! With a
huge variety of real cars to choose from, plus the range of M-type
bodyshells available already, we wanted to make sure that RC scale
fanatics would be able to fit any available bodyshell on the chassis with
a minimum of hassle.
A selection of body posts will be available to custom-fit any True Ten or
M-chassis bodyshell, using a variety of body post locations. Even car
designs with low-profile front ends will fit, thanks to the laydown-style
front shocks! Coupe-style bodies will fit easily with the changeable rear
post mount location. In short, ANY M-chassis bodyshell will fit, to allow
you to replicate ANY car you like!
The front shock fitting can also be changed to a more standard upright
shock setting, or a laydown configuration to help fit low-profile
Coming soon from HPI is an all-new selection of classic sports cars from
the pages of history: cars that challenged the ideal and toppled the
mightiest giants. Check back here for updates after the official kit
The chassis will take any stick, side-by-side or even hard-case LiPo
battery packs in the uniquely cool swing-out battery tray. Standard-height
servos fit in the slickly designed laydown area, and if want to fit modern
low-profile servos, these will fit in a stand-up position if you choose,
for a more central position in the chassis.
The Cup Racer is available in a cool drift version too. With extremely
hard drift tires and the retro Toyota Levin, you can hit the ground and
get sideways in no time! The 4WD shaft drivetrain lets you maintain easy,
controlled drifts on carpet, tarmac or any other surface, providing
awesome thrills and loads of smiles. If you want to get sideways even
easier, just add the
D-Box Drift Assist system, and it will help you glide across apexes with
almost no effort! The Cup Racer can be made into the circuit racer or
drift show-off car you've always wanted!
Build It Yourself
To get the full appreciation of the design quality of any model car, you
really have to build it from the ground up. By seeing how every part works
in perfect harmony with the rest of the car, you will understand and truly
appreciate the time and skill that went into its engineering. This is why
the Cup Racer is available as a build-it-yourself kit only. With just a
few tools you will build the ultimate scale model chassis, ready for
display, playing about or even all-out racing!
The Cup Racer is due to be released in the Spring of 2009.
We will update this page with more details on this amazing chassis closer
the release date.
Cool scale features:
- HPI 'True Ten' design - radio-control car models closer to scale
than ever before!
- Classic sports car and racer bodyshells that inspired generations of
- Moulded chrome details such as windscreen wipers, mirrors, bumpers,
exhaust pipes and more.
- Multiple width adjustments to fit huge range of future bodyshells:
- Hub/upright inserts
- Variable wheel hex adapters (0mm & 4mm)
- Hex adapter inserts (1mm & 2mm)
- Different offset wheels (0mm, 3mm, 6mm)
- Huge variety of body post locations to suit many different shapes of
- Nearly infinite body post height adjustment to get perfect scale
- True Ten bodies from HPI will feature chrome accents such as
mirrors, exhaust, bumpers, etc.
- Any M-class body will fit (wheelbase 225mm or 210mm)
- Inboard front shocks allow fitting of future low-profile bodies
- Disc brake/rotor mounts (non-functional) for future cool upgrade
- Fits standard RC electronics for easy component choices
- Kit build - add your own electronics
- Full-time 4WD for huge levels of grip
- Upper and lower sturdy FRP chassis
- Symmetrically mounted upper deck to eliminate tweak
- Fits any 540-size motor, brushed or brushless
- Translucent cover for spur & pinion gears
- Cam-type motor mount for precise gear mesh
- aluminum motor mount construction for secure mounting & heat
- Use any 48-pitch pinion gear
- Super-smooth rear ball diff for fantastic cornering grip
- Sealed front gear diff
- Composite rear diff outdrives for low rotating weight
- Oil-filled coil over shocks front and rear
- Front inboard shocks eliminate unsprung weight
- Standard front shock mounting possible for extra performance
- Multiple shock locations and ride height settings
- Laydown steering servo for low CG
- Fits short servo in stand-up location to move weight inboard
- Bellcrank steering for precise steering input
- Universal dogbones front and rear (?)
- Easily adjustable camber front and rear
- Vertical camber link mounting for quick roll center adjustment
- Variable anti-dive and anti-squat adjustments
- Race-style droop screws for tweak adjustment
- Fast-adjust caster setting
- Swing-out stick pack battery holder for fast changes
- Li-Po, NiMH stick and side-by-side battery pack capability
- Sway bar mounts front and rear for future upgradability
- Thick FRP double-deck chassis is tough and strong
- Fully enclosed shaft drive for total protection
- Translucent spur/pinion gear cover keeps rocks out
- Stainless steel hinge pins with anodized aluminum braces
- Adjustable spring-loaded cam servo saver
- Steel front diff outdrives for extra durability
- Tough foam bumper secured between durable bumper mounts protects
- Flexible body mounts help keep body in good shape
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings for enhanced efficiency
The Cup Racer starts off with two versions; the Vintage Datsun 240Z
and the Drift classic Toyota Levin AE36.
More versions to follow soon...
#100596 - CUP RACER 1M DRIFT KIT WITH TOYOTA LEVIN AE86 BODY
#100594 - CUP RACER 1M KIT WITH DATSUN 240Z BODY
#100595 - CUP RACER 1M KIT WITH DATSUN 510 BODY
Includes clear bodyshell. Does not include electronics & radio gear. All
versions come complete with comprehensive instruction manual and HPI RC