Traxxas Bandit RTR Buggy 27mhz w/7-Cell & Charger
More products you may be interested in....
The Traxxas Bandit redefines traditional buggy performance by creating a whole new class of Extreme Sports Buggy. Bandit offers the highest levels of speed, action, and fun that will easily make it one of your favorites for all kinds of R/C driving excitement. The lightweight Bandit chassis is loaded with an aggressive Titan 12-Turn modified motor and a high-current XL-5 Electronic Speed Control that deliver lightning-fast acceleration and incredible 35+mph performance. Pull the trigger and Bandit rips massive rooster tails, soars over giant jumps, and lays down the power for pure performance and excitement at every turn.
- Waterproof electronics for all-weather driving excitement in water, mud and snow!
- 35+mph Top Speed!
- Titan 12-Turn 550 Modified Motor
- XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- With 7-cell battery and included optional 31-tooth pinion gear.
Bandit is infused with the coolest tech including the Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch and Alias high-performance 2.2" racing tires. The advanced dual-pin rear, and ribbed front tread designs are engineered to work with Traxxas's exclusive rubber compounds for superior off-road traction and directional control. The industry standard 2.2" mirror-chrome Tracer wheels open the door to a wide range of tire options, including the optional Traxxas Anaconda 2.2" street treads.
MODEL 2405: Fully assembled, waterproof, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ™ radio, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 7-cell battery and ProGraphix® painted body.
|Traxxas Power Cell Batteries
Traxxas Power Cell Battery Packs are optimized for free-flowing power and maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas' high-output, gold plated, high-current connectors. Precision assembly with attractive, individually wrapped cells and clear overwrap complete the package.
Sealed Electronics Extend Your Driving Fun
Traxxas shocked enthusiasts with the release of their exclusive watertight, sealed electronics in the E-Maxx that provided the freedom to drive where you want to drive through water, mud, snow, and other wet-running conditions that wouldn’t have been possible before. Now the Traxxas Bandit is Ready-To-Race® with this waterproof technology. The new XL-5 electronic speed control and the mini receiver are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom go places you might not have thought possible. It opens up a whole new world of adventure and fun. Wet muddy tracks are no problem for the Bandit.
A System of Power
Being faster is more fun! Bandit’s performance comes from a system of components that are engineered to work together for efficient operation and high-output performance. The Titan® 12T 550 modified motor is designed for brutal mod-motor power with virtually maintenance-free operation and long-lasting performance. The Titan’s integrated cooling fan pulls cool air through the motor to keep temperatures down. Airflow is routed through cooling passages molded into the motor plate. A cooler running motor equates to faster speeds, longer runtime, and extended motor life.
XL-5 Electronic Speed Control
The waterproof XL-5 Electronic Speed Control tames the Titan 12T with high current handling, EZ-Set® one-button setup, and smooth, high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, thermal shutdown protection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all included features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. The XL-5 is the first electronic speed control equipped with the patent-pending Training Mode™ that limits full-throttle power to 50%. This allows young or new drivers to safely develop their control skills before unlocking full power to the Titan 12T motor. Bandit is perfect for drivers of any age and skill level.
Included Optional Pinion Gear
The Bandit reaches its blistering 35+mph top speed using the optional 31-tooth pinion gear (included) and a 7-cell 8.4V battery pack (sold separately). Out of the box, the installed 26-tooth pinion gear is just right for all-around, on or off-road action.
Engineered for Performance
The Bandit is fully loaded with engineered performance features such as the advanced Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. The patent-pending design allows precise adjustment and delivers smooth, consistent traction control. The durable, fiber-composite chassis is designed for exceptional rigidity, and offers an inline battery position for a low polar moment of inertia. That’s engineering speak that translates into nimble handling and lightening-fast response. The low-profile “lay-down” steering servo mounting system further enhances the Bandit’s already low CG design. Bandit offers superior stability and cornering thanks to its centered kingpin and live axle front suspension. Transmitting the power to the wheels is an efficient 3-gear variable-ratio transmission, topped off with sealed ball bearings and smooth-running telescoping driveshafts. In addition to those advanced features, the factory-installed planetary differential is Traxxas-Tough™ with hardened steel gears that never need adjusting! Perfect for long-lasting, all-day fun.
- Waterproof electronics permit driving in water, mud and snow.
- Traxxas 2216 4-channel micro receiver.
- New waterproof receiver box.
- High-torque Waterproof Traxxas 2056 steering servo.
- Powerful Titan® 12T 550 modified motor with internal cooling fan.
- Bandit reaches speeds in excess of 35mph using the included optional 31-tooth pinion gear.
- High-performance waterproof XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control.
- Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode – Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse
- Efficient Magnum 272™ three-gear transmission with ball bearings.
- Sealed gearbox protects the transmission with beefed up motor guard for extra protection.
- Revo®-Spec Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
- External gear cover with easy slipper clutch access.
- Reliable planetary gear differential.
- Telescoping U-joint driveshafts.
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis.
- Durable gray chassis components offer a fresh tech look.
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis.
- Easy access battery compartment.
- New easy to remove and re-install wing mounting system
- Fully adjustable Ultra Shocks™ with X-ring technology.
- White powder coated shock springs feature a new responsive spring rate.
- Durable solid camber links eliminate the need for adjustment.
- Captured rod ends won't pop off for superior durability.
- Alias™ 2.2" step-pin rear tires and Alias ribbed front tires offer superior off-road traction.
- Bandit's Alias step-pin rear tires come pre-glued on mirror-chrome five-spoke Tracer™ wheels.
- ProGraphix® multi-colored painted body is available in red, blue, black, and silver.
- Length: 16.25 inches (413mm)
- Front Track: 9.84 inches (250mm)
- Rear Track: 9.84 inches (250mm)
- Weight: 48oz (1.36k)
- Height (overall): 7 inches (178mm)
- Wheelbase: 11.25 inches (286mm)
- Front Shock Length: Long
- Rear Shock Length: XXLong
- Front Tires: Alias™ Ribbed 2.2"
- Rear Tires: Alias™ Step-Pin 2.2"
- Front Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer™)
- Rear Wheels: 2.2" Mirror-Chome (Tracer™)
- Speed Control Type: XL-5™ Electronic Speed Control
- Motor (electric): Titan® 12T 550 (12-turn 550)
- Steering Servo: #2056 (HP# 631446) High Torque Waterproof
- Receiver: #2216 (HP# 631451) 4-Channel Micro
- Gear Ratio (internal): 2.72 (final drive: 10.17)
- Differential Type: Planetary Steel Gear
- Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
- Transmission: Magnum 272™
- Steering: Bellcrank
- Chassis Type: Modified Tub
- Chassis Material: Fiber-Composite
- Top Speed: 35+mph
XL-5 (Waterproof) Specifications
- Input voltage: 4-8 Cells (4.8 to 9.6 Volts DC)
- Case Size: 1.23"W x 2.18"D x 0.61" H
- Weight: 2.44 Ounce
- Motor Limit: 15-turns (540 Size) 12-turns (550 Size)
- On Resistance Forward: 0.007 Ohms
- On Resistance Reverse: 0.014 Ohms
- Peak Current - Forward: 100A
- Peak Current - Reverse: 60A
- Braking Current: 60A
- Continuous Current: 14A
- BEC Voltage: 6.0 VDC
- BEC Current: 1A
- Power Wire: 14 Gauge / 5"
- Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 9"
- Transistor Type: MOSFET
- PWM Frequency: 1600 Hz
- Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
- Profile selection:
- Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev
- Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
- Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
- Single-button setup: Traxxas EZ-Set®