Traxxas E-Revo VXL 1/16 Scale Truck
2.4GHz Ready to Run 4WD Truck w/Battery & Charger
Traxxas sets the standard for power, performance and innovation. Now, for the first time, all the speed, quality and capability you expect from Traxxas is available in 1/16 scale with the 1/16 E-Revo VXL. At 14 inches long, E-Revo VXL is about half the size of the 1/10-scale E-Revo. But don't call it a "mini"—this is a whole new category of R/C performance and fun that no mere mini-model can match. Beneath the factory-finished polycarbonate shell, you'll find the winning suspension technology of the seven-time National Champion Traxxas Revo®, screaming Velineon® brushless-motor power, and the convention-busting innovation of the E-Revo.
Proven Traxxas Innovation
No detail was overlooked in the Traxxas mission to bring all the capability, durability, and excitement of their award-winning models to 1/16 scale for fast, affordable R/C fun. The 1/16 E-Revo VXL is built on the race-winning, track-proven innovation of the Revo and E-Revo models. The standard-bearer of design excellence, the Revo's F1-inspired, rocker-actuated suspension has been expertly adapted to 1/16 scale with all its functionality and performance intact, right down to the oil-filled, threaded-body GTR shocks. This superior technology provides capability, performance, and tuning functions at the absolute pinnacle of truck design. The suspension and electronics are fully integrated into the semi-monocoque chassis design that stunned the world when it debuted with the E-Revo. Intricately molded as a single piece, the chassis balances strength and weight, function and aesthetics, convenience and performance to far surpass the standards of the "mini" category. In 1/16 scale, it is an even more impressive achievement of packaging and performance optimization that could only come from Traxxas, The Fastest Name In Radio Control®.
Some mini-models are "fast for a mini." That's not good enough for Traxxas. The 1/16 E-Revo VXL is just plain fast. At 30+mph with the included 6-cell NiMH battery, E-Revo VXL is nearly twice as fast as most mini models, and faster than most electric RTR trucks of any scale. Install a second 6-cell battery to unleash the Velineon Brushless Power System's full fury, and E-Revo VXL jumps to over 50mph—all with proven-safe NiMH packs. No other RTR truck, regardless of scale, makes it so easy and affordable to experience this level of high speed and wheelie-popping power.
The 1/16 E-Revo VXL now includes the Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link™. This system offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4Ghz technology, and the long-range security of a high-output signal—but that's just the beginning. The new, patent-pending Traxxas Link technology stores settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models, with no naming or "model memory" settings required. Just power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio is also fully adjustable; steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim.
Velineon Brushless Power
All-new and built specifically for Traxxas 1/16 scale models, the VXL-3m speed control and Velineon® 380 motor represent the latest in brushless technology. Fully LiPo compatible with low-voltage detection for 2S and 3S packs and rated for 6-12 NiMH cells, this potent, powerful combo gives E-Revo VXL precise throttle control and blistering top speed. Patent-pending Training Mode™ lets new drivers hone their skills at 50% throttle. When drivers' ed is through, full power and 50+mph is unleashed with a touch of the EZ-Set® button. Big speed requires big horsepower, so E-Revo VXL and Slash 4WD VXL carry the largest motor in the "mini" category. The Velineon 380 is built to the same no-compromise specs as the Velineon 3500 found in Traxxas' 70+mph 1/10 scale VXL models. High-speed ball bearings. Sintered rotor. Neodymium magnets. Gold plated 3.5mm connectors. It all adds up to 50,000 rpm of pure power and track-searing speed!
Waterproof Electronics For No-Limits R/C Excitement
Now a hallmark of Traxxas vehicles, E-Revo VXL is the latest model to be equipped with fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling in water, mud and snow while lesser cars stay on the bench. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas' new 2.4GHz Traxxas Link receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the 1/16 VXL models' waterproof properties. The new VXL-3m electronic speed control and high-torque, digital micro servo are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom to go places other cars wouldn't dare to venture.
Velineon® VXL-3m ESC:
• Three Programmable
• Drive Profiles:
• Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
• Race Mode - Forward / Brake
• Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
• Integrated on/off switch
• EZ-Set® one-button setup
• Large heat sink
• High-efficiency MOSFET transistors
• Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries.
• NiCad and NiMH battery packs: 6-12 cells (7.2 to 14.4 volts)
• LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
Velineon® 380 Brushless Motor:
• Powerful 8-turn, 4000kv design
• Optimized for smooth sensorless power
• No motor brushes or commutator to wear out
• Virtually maintenance free power that stays consistent, run after run
• Precision balanced rotor
• Ultra high-temperature sintered Neodymium motor magnets
• Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
Traxxas High-Current Connectors
The Velineon Brushless Power System comes equipped with the Traxxas High-Current Connector. Designed to handle high-current applications, the Traxxas Connector effortlessly funnels the battery's total power to the electronics, keeping things running cool and at full capacity. For more info about the Traxxas High-Current Connector click here.
Ball-Bearing Transmission With Slipper Clutch
1/16 E-Revo VXL's high-efficiency, heavy-duty transmission is built for brushless power. An adjustable slipper clutch lets you tailor power delivery to suit the terrain and your driving style, and precision ball-bearings make certain every watt of Velineon power is turned into pure speed.
Sealed Silicone-Filled Differentials
An industry first! Only Traxxas offers the superior power-handling and tuning capability of sealed differentials in 1/16 scale. The heavy-duty, steel-gear diffs are factory-filled with premium silicone fluid to prevent unloading and maintain maximum traction and control. It's a Traxxas innovation you won't find on any other mini-model.
Pivot Ball Suspension
1/16 E-Revo VXL features pivot-ball suspension for smooth suspension articulation and easy adjustment. Rubber-sealed ball bearings ward off dirt and debris as they increase precision and reduce friction, and the oversized 8x12mm inboard bearings maximize durability. For extra security, the heavy-duty axle carriers are designed so the universal-joint axles' crosspins are captured by the inner bearings—another example of Traxxas' attention to every detail.
1/16 E-Revo VXL is fully equipped with telescoping, universal-joint axles for optimum drivetrain efficiency and maximum power transfer. The true-curvilinear spline design operates freely, and the oversized U-joints set the standard for strength and high-power durability.
Mud. Water. Snow. 1/16 E-Revo VXL's waterproof electronics and fully sealed receiver box let you make tracks in conditions that leave other trucks parked at home. Traxxas' innovative, ground-breaking waterproof receiver box puts 1/16 E-Revo VXL in a league of its own. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a special watertight seal (patent pending). To protect the receiver from dust and water a custom shaped blue O-ring seals the receiver box. Thanks to the unique design, the receiver can be removed for service and even aftermarket receivers can be used, without losing the sealing properties of the box.
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
Small but powerful, the 1/16 E-Revo VXL's 2080 servo cranks out 41.7 oz.-in. of tire-turning torque with digital circuitry for responsive control—even in water, mud and snow, thanks to its o-ring-sealed waterproof construction.
All-Terrain Tires & Wheels
Each corner of the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is equipped with soft-compound Talon tires that are mounted and pre-glued on impressive 53mm Gemini chrome wheels. 12mm mounting hexes open the door to additional wheel and tire combos to tune traction for specific surfaces—even foam tires for carpet racing.
Dual Battery Compartments
1/16 E-Revo VXL already blows the rest away with its 30+mph out-of-the-box speed using the included 6-cell Power Cell NiMH battery pack—but that's just the beginning of 1/16 E-Revo VXL's speed story. The chassis' dual battery compartments let you add a second NiMH battery pack and Traxxas series connector (both sold separately) for 14.4 volts of power. Install the included "speed pinion," and top speed jumps to 50+ mph. All of this incredible performance comes with safe, inexpensive NiMH power!
Traxxas Power Cell Series 1 NiMH Battery Pack
The 1/16 E-Revo VXL is fully assembled and Ready-To-Race® with an included Power Cell NiMH battery and charger. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, this potent pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run. A convenient wall charger is also included. Everything you need to power-up is in the box.
Quick-Release Battery Doors
1/16 E-Revo VXL uses an innovative solution for easy battery installation. Quick release doors snap open and closed in seconds for fast and easy battery loading. There are no clips to lose in the field and the potential for fast battery changes during pit stops opens the door for a whole new class of electric truck racing.
• TQ 2.4GHz High Output transmitter with Traxxas Link™
• Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models—just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required.
• Multi-Function knob
• Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
• Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
• Adjustable steering and throttle end points
• High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
• 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
• Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo® suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
• Powered by the Velineon® Brushless Power System
• Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
• Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control
• LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
• Sport Mode – Forward / Brake / Reverse
• Race Mode – Forward / Brake
• Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
• Velineon 380 Brushless Motor
• High-performance sensorless design
• High-strength Neodymium magnets
• Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
• Precision-balanced rotor
• Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
• Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
• Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
• Sealed, silicone-filled differentials—an industry first in 1/16 scale
• Torque-Control™ slipper clutch system
• Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
• Rubber-sealed ball bearings
• External gear cover with easy slipper access
• Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
• Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
• Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
• Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
• Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
• Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
• Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
• Pre-glued Talon™ tires with high-performance foam inserts
• Black-chrome Gemini™ 5-spoke wheels
• High-downforce rear wing
Traxxas E-Revo VXL 1/16 Specifications
• Length: 12.9" (328mm)
• Front Track: 9.4" (239mm)
• Rear Track: 9.4" (239mm)
• Weight: 38oz (1.09kg)
• Height (overall): 4.6" (117mm)
• Wheelbase: 7.9" (202mm)
• Front Shock Length: 48mm
• Rear Shock Length: 48mm
• Front Tires (pre-glued): Talon™ 2.0"
• Rear Tires (pre-glued): Talon™ 2.0"
• Front Wheels: 2.0" Gemini™ (black-chrome)
• Rear Wheels: 2.0" Gemini™ (black-chrome)
• Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon® VXL-3m ESC
• Motor (electric): Velineon® 380 Brushless
• Transmission: Heavy-Duty Single Speed
• Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
• Overall Drive Ratio: 9.00 (stock, out-of-box)
• Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
• Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
• Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
• Brake Type: Electronic
• Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
• Steering: Bellcrank
• Radio System: TQ™ 2.4GHz High Output with Traxxas Link™
• Top Speed: 30+mph (50+mph with dual batteries)*
• Skill Level: 2
• Included Batteries: 6-cell NiMh with Charger
• Required Batteries: 4 "AA" (transmitter)
VXL-3m Waterproof ESC Specifications
• Input voltage: 6 to 12 cells NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
• Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
• Weight: 38 grams
• Motors: Sensorless Brushless
• Motor Limit: None
• On Resistance: 0.0005 Ohms
• PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
• Peak Current: 326A
• Continuous Current: 52A
• BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
• Motor / Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge Maxx® Cable
• Transistor Type: MOSFET
• Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
• Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
• Profile selection:
• Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev
• Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
• Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
• Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set®
• Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Motor Connector: TRX 3.5mm Bullet Connectors