Traxxas Slayer Pro 2.4 Nitro SC 4x4 Truck 4WD
Bigger. Faster. Louder. The Slayer Pro 4X4 delivers the screaming sound and ballistic thrust that every nitro driver craves. Now with a 10% larger footprint, Slayer Pro 4X4's new longer wheelbase chassis and wide track stance deliver enhanced stability in rough conditions and radically improved high speed cornering for incredible side-by-side, fender-banging racing action. Extreme TRX 3.3 power punches hard and revs fast to rip past the competition. The amazing Revo-Spec linkage-based suspension and hard-anodized GTR shocks deliver seemingly bottomless suspension travel that simulates the handling and jumping ability of full-size Pro 4X4 trucks. Slayer Pro 4X4's bodywork and officially licensed BFGoodrich or Kumho tires bring together scale looks and 50+mph performance for all-day fun, excitement, and competition. It's the nitro short-course truck that could only come from Traxxas, The Fastest Name In Radio Control.
- Authentic Pro 4X4 Action in a Nitro Powered
- Short-Course Race Truck
- 30mm longer wheelbase and 26mm wider track than the original Slayer
- Officially licensed Racing Replica bodies and tires
- 4-Wheel Drive
With four full-size trucks in TORC competition, Traxxas knows how an R/C short-course racer should look and handle. Slayer Pro 4X4's full-fendered bodywork captures the look of the full-size Pro 4X4 race machines, and the chrome split-spoke wheels have a bead-lock look just like the real deal. For a track-ready look that performs, officially-licensed BFGoodrich and Kumho treads molded in a specially formulated rubber compound give Slayer Pro 4X4 the perfect balance of forward traction and slip-angle in turns. Four Race Replica body styles are offered, each fully decorated with graphics licensed from the full-size trucks. Whether you choose the Mark or Mike Jenkins Edition (Traxxas), Greg Adler Edition (4 Wheel Parts) or Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition (Amsoil), you'll discover R/C racing has never been so real.
Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race, with TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link, TRX 3.3 Racing Engine and Race Replica painted body.
|Extreme Power TRX 3.3 Racing Engine
For those who like their horsepower raw and screaming at the red line, Slayer Pro 4X4 delivers with the award-winning nitro fury of the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine. Slayer Pro 4X4 punches hard with massive torque off the line and a wide powerband - bury the throttle at anytime to send all four tires into a raging fury of roosting dirt. The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine features a precision composite slide carburetor, PowerTune cooling head, dyno-proven IPS crankshaft, multi-port rear exhaust, and the starting convenience of the exclusive Traxxas EZ-Start system. It's competition-proven power with convenience and reliability for all-day driving fun.
EZ-Start Electric Starting
Maximum power, maximum convenience - that's how Traxxas does nitro. Only the Traxxas EZ-Start offers the pure convenience of true one-handed operation and complete on-board, push-button electric starting. The Traxxas EZ-Start lights your glow plug and starts your engine quickly and smoothly at the push of a button. Traxxas' exclusive Smart Start technology monitors critical starting functions, automatically sensing and diagnosing potential problems for troublefree engine starting every time! LEDs provide realtime status, even alerting you when a glow plug has failed. Slayer Pro 4X4 includes the required 6-cell battery and charger to power the EZ-Start system for total convenience. The starter battery stays with the EZ-Start, eliminating the need to carry the speed-robbing weight of extra batteries on-board.
2.4GHz Convenience and Control
Slayer Pro 4X4 includes the Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link. This new system offers the unbeatable convenience of "no channels, no crystals" 2.4Ghz technology, and the long-range security of a high-output signal - but that's just the beginning. The new, patent-pending Traxxas Link technology stores settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models, with no naming or "model memory" settings required. Just power up the transmitter and the model you want to drive, and the settings for that model are dialed in immediately! The new TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio is also fully adjustable; steering and throttle end points can be set precisely, and the Multi-Function knob can be programmed to control Steering Sensitivity (Expo), Throttle Sensitivity (Expo), Steering Percentage (Dual Rate), Braking Percentage (Dual Rate), or Throttle Trim.
Suspension & Chassis Innovation From The Award-Winning Revo 3.3
Eight National Championship titles have proven the superior design of the Revo-Spec rocker-actuated suspension system that mirrors the huge travel and plush damping of the full-size Pro 4X4 short course race trucks. Full-time 4-Wheel-Drive delivers track-gripping traction for hard hitting acceleration through the turns and precise control that lets you thread the needle through the traffic. The geometry of the patent-pending suspension design multiplies the total wheel travel to soak up big hits that would sideline other trucks. The suspension action is light and supple over small bumps, but when bigger jolts compress the suspension farther, the progressive rocker geometry instantly increases spring and damping rates to absorb the impact. And it's fully adjustable; ride height, progressive rate, and damping can all be fine tuned independently. This no-compromise setup is simply not possible with conventional suspension designs.
Slayer Pro 4X4 is built on the long-wheelbase 3D semi-monocoque chassis originally developed for the Revo 3.3. Formed from 3mm 6061 aluminum, the chassis is blue-anodized and T6 hardened for strength. The integrated battery box accepts 4 AA cells or a 5-cell rechargeable receiver pack (sold separately). The ultra-compact throttle servo mount ties rigidly into the chassis and supports the air filter, and the low-profile receiver box protects our latest 5-channel 2.4GHz Traxxas Link-enabled micro receiver. A blue-anodized crimp nut locks the antenna tube in place, so it stays put no matter how rough the racing gets, and an integrated roll hoop/carrying handle protects the TRX 3.3 engine from rollover abuse.
Blue-Anodized 3D Semi-Monocoque Chassis
Slayer Pro 4X4's uniquely sculptured chassis was originally developed for the 8-time National Champion Revo 3.3, and offers a 30mm wheelbase extension compared to the original Slayer. The unique monocoque chassis is cut and formed from 3mm, 6061-T6 aluminum for a combination of rigidity and light weight that flat-plate designs can't match. The engine cradle and deep channel design provide superior strength without adding unnecessary weight, and an integrated chassis brace prevents flexing caused by engine torque.
Wide-Track Suspension Arms
Slayer Pro 4X4's longer wheelbase is matched with new, wider suspension arms to increase its track by 26mm. The result is a 10% increase in the Slayer Pro 4X4's "footprint," and greatly enhanced stability in rough conditions and radically improved cornering. Go in hot and pitch it sideways - Slayer Pro 4X4 rages through corners with roost pouring off all four tires, just like the real deal.
Officially Licensed BFGoodrich and Kumho Tires
For track-ready style that performs, Slayer Pro 4X4 is outfitted with officially-licensed BFGoodrich and Kumho treads molded in a specially formulated rubber compound to give the perfect balance of forward traction on the straights and slip-angle in the turns. The tires are supported by foam inserts and securely bonded to new, chrome split-spoke wheels that have a bead-lock look just like the real deal.
High-Torque Waterproof Steering and Throttle Servos
Slayer Pro 4X4 steers with precision and authority thanks to its digital high-torque servo. With 125 oz.-in. of torque, the 2075 servo has up to three times the power of many other RTR vehicles' servos, with the precision centering and fine control only a digital servo can offer. And it's fast, too; transit time is just 0.16 second, giving the Slayer instant response to your commands. The 2056 throttle/brake servo applies the binders with 80 oz.-in. of muscle for positive modulation and powerful stopping, and both servos sealed to prevent contamination from dirt, dust, and even water.
Torque-Control Slipper Clutch
Dirt-spraying, wheel-spinning launches are a blast, but when you want more controlled power delivery, a slipper clutch is the feature you need. Instead of spinning the tires, the slipper clutch literally slips to absorb excess power until there's enough traction to put it down on the ground. The Slayer Pro 4X4's Torque-Control slipper clutch uses special semi-metallic friction material and finned aluminum alloy pressure plates to dissipate heat and provide consistent traction control. Gearing can be changed without altering the slipper adjustment, and a center ball bearing maintains precise, long-lasting alignment with near friction-free running and virtually zero maintenance.
- TQ 2.4GHz High Output transmitter with Traxxas Link
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 20 Traxxas Link-enabled models - just switch on and drive, "model selection" is not required.
- Multi-Function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- High 13ms frame rate and near-zero latency for responsive control
- 5-channel micro receiver with dual channel-1 inputs
- Officially Licensed Race Replica Bodies: Mike Jenkins Edition (#47 Traxxas), Mark Jenkins Edition (#25 Traxxas), Greg Adler Edition (4 Wheel Parts), and Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition (Amsoil)
- 30mm longer wheelbase and 26mm wider track than the original Slayer
- Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
- Chassis nerf bars absorb impact and support the body
- Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
- 45+ mph top speed out of the box; capable of 50+ mph with optional gearing
- Larger 150cc Revo fuel tank extends run time
- Waterproof steering and throttle/brake servos
- Digital high-torque, ball bearing steering servo delivers 125 oz-in & 0.16-sec transit time
- Hard-anodized Teflon-coated shock bodies with TiN coated shock shafts
- New high-volume dual-stage air filter
- Tight-handling progressive-2 rockers
- Blue-anodized aluminum 3D semi-monocoque chassis
- Compact receiver and battery box with integrated personal transponder mount
- Blue-anodized antenna crimp nut
- Compact throttle servo mount with air filter support
- Two-speed forward only transmission
- Ultra-compact. Fewer moving parts
- Low rotating mass for quick, high-revving acceleration
- Constant drive engagement is smooth and instantly responsive
- Sealed case protects gears & two-speed from damaging debris
- Autoshifting two-speed is simple, reliable, & easy to adjust
- Large diameter front disc brake
- Mirror-polish Resonator dual-chamber aluminum tuned pipe
- High-revving TRX 3.3 Racing Engine for proven championship-winning horsepower and speed
- Bigger piston and sleeve delivers extreme power
- Consistent and smooth throughout the entire power band
- Straight-through exhaust flow
- Slide carburetor
- Knife-edged connecting rod
- Large aluminum blue-anodized cooling head
- Super-light piston and rod
- High-performance ball bearings
- EZ-Start push-button electric starting
- Torque-Control slipper clutch
- Sealed limited slip front and rear differentials
- Super-duty driveshafts
- Sealed pivot ball suspension
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Hex hardware
- Officially licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain or Kumho Road Venture MT tires (Kumho tires available with Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg Edition. All other models include BFGoodrich tires)
- Split-spoke SCT chrome-center wheels with color-molded beadlock-style trim ring
- Length: 23.54 Inches (598mm)
- Front Track: 12.68 Inches (322mm)
- Rear Track: 12.68 Inches (322mm)
- Center Ground Clearance: 2.5 Inches (63.5mm)
- Weight (no fuel): 7.78lbs (3.53kg)
- Height (overall): 7.87 Inches (200mm)
- Wheelbase: 13.9 Inches (353mm)
- Front Shock Length: GTR Aluminum 3.23" (82mm)
- Rear Shock Length: GTR Aluminum 3.23" (82mm)
- Front Tires (pre-glued): BFGoodrich or Kumho 2.2" (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
- Rear Tires (pre-glued): BFGoodrich or Kumho 2.2" (Pre-Glued with Inserts)
- Front Wheels: 2.2" Split-Spoke, Chrome with Black or Red Beadlock
- Rear Wheels: 2.2" Split-Spoke, Chrome with Black or Red Beadlock
- Wheel Diameter: 2.2 Inches (56mm) Outer 3.0 Inches (76mm) Inner
- Suspension: Fully independent Progressive 2 Rockers
- Gear Ratio (1st Gear): 15.75:1
- Gear Ratio (2nd Gear): 10.05:1
- Transmission: Auto Two-Speed Forward Only
- Differential Type: Bevel Gear, Sealed, Limited Slip
- Chassis Structure/Material: 3mm, 6061-T6 Blue-Anodized Aluminum
- Brake Type: Steel Disc with semi-metallic pads
- Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
- Steering: Bellcrank with integrated servo saver
- Radio System: TQ 2.4GHz with Traxxas Link (2-Channel)
- Engine (fuel-powered): TRX 3.3 Racing Engine with EZ-Start
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 150cc
- Top Speed: 50+mph
- Skill Level: 4